We meet the first Friday each month from 10:00 to 12:30. The cost is £10.00 per person, refreshments are included after our walk. Meeting point: Byways, Abbey Lane, Barnard Castle, DL12 9TH.
Please contact us for further information and to book your place.
“Mindfulness means paying attention in a particular way; on purpose, in the present moment and non-judgmentally”
Research shows that walking is not only good for your physical health, but it is also good for your mental health.
Set in the beautiful backdrop of Teesdale, our walks offer you the chance to combine mindfulness with walking. (Meeting point Barnard Castle).
The day will provide you with the opportunity to tune in to your senses and enjoy the true essence of our natural surroundings.
- Walks are set at your own pace; choose relaxed and meditative or more energetic
- 2 Hour walks day time or night time
- Half day walks
- Full day walks up to 10 miles
- Night walks
- Packed Lunches available
- Regular Saturdays and other days by appointment
- Suitable for all ages and walking ability
- One to one
- Corporate group
- School Groups
- Children and Young People Groups
- Private groups
- Public groups
- Parties and Special Occasions
- You will be breathing in nature, which can be meditative.
- You will be connected to the outside world.
- You will feel grounded.
- You will be focusing on your five senses.
- You will feel energised physically and mentally by the end of your walk that may carry on into the rest of your day and week.
Please contact us for dates of our walks and for any further information. Walks are tailored to your needs and budget.
Gift vouchers available
ENDORSEMENTS FROM THE MINDFUL
“Beautiful walk, really peaceful and helped to clean my mind. Wonderful colours around us and sound of the river.”
“River rhythms calming to my mind and fascinating textures of trees, moss, bark”.
“I tried really hard this week to concentrate on sounds and smells, it is something I have found difficult in the past but I can see I’m getting better at it.”
“A great sensory walk today – tasting wild mint and raspberries”.
“Another lovely walk. I am really enjoying the mindfulness and find it very helpful”.
“The pre-walk and post-walk chats were very good – both informative and relaxing”
“I compare it to having a personal trainer – kept on track of Mindfulness by leader”
“Today’s highlight was seeing the Kingfisher.”
“Making my mind clear of infiltrating thoughts” .
“Very relaxing, so different walking without talking as I notice so much more”.